How to Verify Your Business on Google: A Five-Minute Guide
Published July 5, 2022
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to verify your business on Google in three easy steps.
Getting this done is very important if you’re running any web-based enterprise. In addition, it will significantly help you improve your SEO, social media marketing, and pay-per-click marketing.
Now with that said, before anything else, we recommend that you formulate a solid marketing strategy before anything else. Doing this will guarantee consistency with all your efforts.
To put it simply, executing marketing all tactics follows the same process. It requires you to pick a specific platform, establish its foundations, make a custom content calendar, execute your tactics then examine the results. After that, simply adjust accordingly and merely repeat.
To have your business verified by Google, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Head to Google Business Manager
Setting up your enterprise on Google My Business is a sure way to improve your search engine optimization with little effort.
1. Log into Google My Business
- Head to https://www.google.com/business/
- Click on “manage now
2. Fill up the Google My Business form
- Make sure that every field is accurately filled out.
- Google thrives on information, so the more info you give to Google, the better.
3. Wait for Google’s go-ahead
- Like most tech companies, Google takes verification very seriously. It needs to know that you are who you’re saying you are. As such, expect to receive a verification email.
4. Complete your business profile as you wait
- Your profile should state that it’s 50% completed by this point.
- Complete your listings by adding logos, photos, posts, hours, and descriptions.
- As stated, Google loves info, so it’s best to give it as much data as possible.
Step 2 – Finish Google’s Verification Process
Following registration, Google will need to verify your identity. It does this for both safety as well as legal purposes. With that said, this step is essential to every web-based business.
1. Click the URL on Google’s postcard
2. Enter your one-time verification code
- Once you’ve logged into google.com/verifymybusiness, type in your one-time verification code. After this, complete every suggested action by Google My Business.
Step 3 – Remain Up To Date
When it comes to anything online, it’s essential to remain up to date. Never leave your Google Business account stagnant, or else you’ll be bound to get beaten by your competitors.
1. Review your listing
- Check your listing at least once a month, then review it.
- Add postings every month to let Google know more about your enterprise
Putting It All Together
Every business nowadays needs to have social media marketing to stay relevant.
The first step to improving your SEO and driving more people to your page is by verifying your business on Google My Business. This is extremely easy to do and can be finished in about 5 minutes.
Remember that when it comes to the internet, nothing remains stagnant. As such, it’s important for you to always be up to date.
Check your Google My Business profile regularly and make adjustments to it accordingly. Also, brush up on the latest SEO practices every so often.
(Related: How To Submit Blogs for Guest Posting)
Hire The Digital Marketing Experts At Correct Digital
Here at Correct Digital, we take online businesses and turn them into online empires by employing smart digital marketing strategies. Our team of digital marketing experts are trained in SEO to help you rank higher in search results and ad management to ensure your message gets seen by the people you want. Need a new website? We also specialize in website design and online sales optimization to help your business grow like never before.
About The Author
Christian Cruz is an experienced blogger with a deep passion for content creation. He descends from a long line of lawyers, writers, and educators. Over the years, Chris has tackled all sorts of niches for a myriad of clients. As a result, millions of people worldwide have read and benefited from his content.