16 Infographics Pros and Cons You Should Know About
Published April 12, 2023
Infographics are visual depictions of data, such as charts and graphs, that present a quick and concise overview of a subject matter with minimal use of text. Infographics apply fascinating visuals to explain things quickly and clearly.
Without a doubt, infographics are currently all the trend. For a good reason, they are being used across the internet. However, before you begin using infographics for your website, there are a few infographics pros and cons that need to be considered.
16 Infographics Pros and Cons
Infographics can have a positive effect on the digital performance of a business if they are done correctly. Unfortunately, however, there are a large number of infographics that impede the intended audience communication. Here is a list of pros cons infographic:
- Easy to understand (Pros): Infographics can make it easier to access the key points of your material in a way that is easy to consume
- Time-consuming to create (Cons): To make the infographic engaging, you need to create a format that is simple to read, includes relevant pictures, and conveys information.
- Easy to retain information (Pros): People are more likely to retain information presented in an infographic because it is easier to visualize.
- Infographics are treated as images on SEO (Cons): The SEO value of the graphic’s information is overlooked for search results.
- Eye-catcher (Pros): Infographics have a natural synopsis that viewers can use to decide if they want to keep reading or not.
- Information can be misinterpreted (Cons): While using an infographic to provide data, keep in mind that the viewer may not be able to fully digest all of the information presented due to limited image space.
- Easy to share (Pros): An infographic can be pinned or shared with just one click, which is why you see them on almost every platform.
- Infographics can be difficult to read (Cons): If the image is too small, the text may be unreadable, and the reader may decide to look elsewhere for the information they need.
- Room for creativity (Pros): Infographics can be made in almost any form, providing designers with a wide range of opportunities to express their creativity.
- You must only use factual information (Cons): In this manner, everyone will recognize that you are not fabricating information to prove a claim.
- Potential to be viral (Pros): Another one of the benefits of infographics is there can be more readers and viewers because of the graphics’ accessibility and the value of the information they contain.
- Infographics can be pricey (Cons): There are numerous free infographic templates available online; however, if you want your infographic to be distinct, it must be original and features a proven designing skills.
- Easy to showcase your expertise (Pros): An infographic can provide valuable insights into any topic by narrowing your evaluation of the subject down to its essentials.
- Infographics can be all over the place (Cons): It’s easy to immediately list a lot of data to back up your claims, but doing so leads to information overload and is usually unnecessary.
- Infographics can make you rank (Pros): Infographics provide a great opportunity to incorporate keywords into the image’s title, description, as well as tags. This can improve your website’s ranking in Google‘s search results, leading to an increase in website traffic.
- Using a similar template or design can cause confusion (Cons): It’s possible that a visitor who sees both visuals will become confused and look somewhere else.
Weighing the Pros and Cons
Infographics can be an effective means of communicating complex information in a short and understandable way. However, making them can be time-consuming and expensive. Ultimately, when deciding whether or not to implement infographics on your website, you should consider both infographics pros and cons.
Hire The Digital Marketing Experts
We take online businesses and turn them into online empires by employing smart digital marketing strategies. Our team of experts are trained in a myriad of marketing skill including SEO to help you rank higher in search results, and ad management to ensure your message gets seen by the people you want. Need a business website that attracts business? We also specialize in website design and online sales optimization to help your business grow like never before.
About The Author
Krizzia Paolyn, is an SEO Specialist and author based in the Philippines. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology. It has always been her passion to share her voice, and at the same time, to encourage others to share their voices as well. You can connect with her on LinkedIn.